Sunday, May 22, 2011

How to Eat an Elephant...One Post at a Time

So, I figured that it was about time to get caught up on my blog. With all the internet issues that come with moving into a new house in Germany, it didn't take long for me to get out of the habit of posting...Especially since I hadn't been doing it long enough to really get "in" the habit in the first place.
So here goes, as the proverbial elephant, I will try to catch everything up to date over a period of time versus all at once. That way, I can include more details and pictures.
As of this Friday (27th) we will mark the 4 month anniversary of our sojourn in Germany. So much has happened- we've moved into a new home, learned to adapt and adjust to living in a foreign country, and had the privilege of seeing some of the most amazing sights ever! Yes, there are differences to get used to and homesickness to overcome, but then I take a walk around our sweet little lake, breathe in all the freshness and beauty around me, and I think, "O.M. Gosh- I am living in Germany!!!".
I find that with each new experience, my first thought is of how badly I want to share it with all of the people I love who are so far away, so I hope you will forgive me for indulging myself in rambling on about all of my adventures. I can only hope that as many of you as possible will be able to actually come over here and experience them right alongside me. The more the merrier!!
So, with no further ado, I will now start on my catch-up posts...

No comments:

Post a Comment